Hunting, Fishing, Nature, tradition
** Geese, Ducks, Coots, Mergansers, Swan — During the fall migrations thousands of potholes and sloughs attract migrating ducks in countless numbers, bolstering an already huge population of birds hatched and raised in the state.
**Our deer archery seasons begin in early fall. Deer gun season – the most popular among residents – begins in early November.
**Coyote and fox hunting seasons are open year around to residents and nonresidents. Late fall and winter offer the best hunting.
*** Tolna Dam is a great place to camp and fish. It is located 1 mile south and 2 miles east on Hwy. 15.
Camping is first come first serve basis. Power available, free will offering box on pole. Boat ramp and dock make fishing easily accessible.
RV parking and hookups are available at the Tolna Park. Rates are reasonable and the park is close to local businesses providing food, fuel and refreshments.
RV Parking Rates:
|3 night weekend
|By the week
Contact Judy Lane at 701 230-0356.
Click on to these hunting and lodging links to plan your trip to Tolna:
- North Dakota Game & Fish - gf.nd.gov
- North Dakota Outdoors - nodakoutdoors.com
- Fishing Buddy - fishingbuddy.com
- Prairie View Lodge - prairieview-lodge.com 701-296-4411
You can obtain a license from North Dakota Game and Fish in the following ways:
- On-Line Services (No service charge): Licensing, Lottery, HIP, Watercraft, etc.
- Registered Users: Log In Now.
- Telephone Instant Licensing (Service Charge).
- Printable License Applications (To Apply by Mail).
- County auditors at courthouses around the state, sell licenses during business hours, 8-5, M-F. Auditors carry fishing, small game, big game archery, and furbearer licenses.
- License vendors (sporting goods, hardware, gas stations, and convenience stores) around the state also sell fishing, small game, big game archery, and furbearer licenses.
ND DEER HUNTING UNITS